Thank you for considering entering our Member Invitational Exhibition. This is not juried for entry and therefore does not count toward Signature Status. The first 30 entries will be accepted. Please enter one (1) painting only. Member must have membership dues paid in full in order to be eligible.
- January 1, 2022: Registration Opens
- February 1, 2022: Registration Closes
- February 21, 2022: Deadline for delivering paintings to Washington Pavilion.
- March 1, 2022: Show opens in Jerstad Gallery.
- April 8, 2022: Award Presentations and Reception/Pick Up Artwork
- April 22, 2022: Final day to pick up Artwork
Member Invitational Prospectus
- Exhibition will be at the Washington Pavilion in the Jerstad Gallery from March 1-April 8, 2022.
- Registration forms can be submitted from January 1–February 1, 2022. Each artist may submit one painting for an entry fee of $30.
- To be entered in the exhibition, all entries MUST be shipped or delivered to the Washington Pavilion at 301 S. Main, Sioux Falls, SD before or by Monday, February 21, 2022, between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- After the exhibition is complete, entries must be picked up by April 22, 2022. They may also be taken following the Reception on April 8.
- Absolutely no changes can be made to your entry listing/price after February 1, 2022. No exceptions.
- Open to all GPWS members whose dues are paid in full at time of entry.
- Paintings must be predominantly water media which includes watercolor, acrylic, casein, gouache, collage (collage must be original and not more than 10% of the painting), or egg tempera.
- Original two-dimensional watercolor painting on a single sheet of watercolor paper, yupo or rice paper.
- All components must be original. If the painting is discovered NOT to be original, the GPWS officers will immediately withdraw the painting and/or award. Member will be sanctioned for one year and will be prohibited from participating in the show for one year. Please use honorable ethics concerning originality.
- All paintings must be framed with glass or plexiglass.
- Paintings shall be matted with single plain white or off-white mat. it is acceptable to use a mat with a contrasting core. It is also acceptable to float your painting inside the frame.
- Outer frame dimensions must not exceed 36” in width and 30” in height. Minimum dimension is 225 square inches (15” x 15”).
- All works must be delivered framed and ready to hang. No sawtooth hangers.
- Artist’s name will be covered during the judging process.
- No digitally generated works or components within work.
- No paintings shown in a previous GPWS show or more than 2 years old.
- No class work or paintings completed with instruction.
Sale of Artwork
The sale of your artwork is between you and the buyer.
Utmost care will be taken in handling paintings, however, GPWS and WP will not be responsible for any damage to any art or image submitted to the exhibition. Insurance is the artist’s responsibility.
Reception and Awards
All members are invited to join us for an artists’ reception and award ceremony.
Friday, April 8 at the Washington Pavilion
Artist Critique by Tara Sweeney: 5:00–6:30 p.m.
Award Presentations: 6:30–7:00 p.m.
Stay for the reception following awards.
Exhibition Judge, Tara Sweeney will be presenting awards to the prize winners.
Honorable Mention: Four (4) Awards of $50/each
Tara Sweeney is an experienced and articulate juror. Recent judging includes: 2020 MN State Fair fine arts exhibition watercolor division; 2019 NorthStar Watermedia Society exhibition; 2018 Artists of MN exhibition; among others. She is art professor emeritus with Augsburg University, where she taught 25 years. She served as chair of the department and sat on the committee of selection for Augsburg Galleries’ six annual national and international exhibiting artists. Prior to teaching she worked in publishing: first as executive art director for Mpls.-St. Paul Magazine; and later as owner/principal designer for Fruitful Results. She earned undergraduate degrees in studio art and in textile design from the University of Wisconsin (1978), and an MFA from the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (1997). Her studies included coursework at the West Surrey College of Art and Design, UK where her lifelong love of watercolor began.
website and Instagram @tarasweeneyart.on her
InstructionsFill out the entry form below, include an Artist Statement to be published with your work at the event, upload an image of your painting, pay the entry fee and submit the application. You will be emailed a confirmation of your entry. Print a copy of the entry form email and attach it to the back of your piece. Make sure to put a protective wrap around your artwork.
— Form will be available on January 1, 2022. —