TimeIn-Person or Zoom!
Paint-In: Kim Larson
“Join us for a special evening Paint In Event with Montrose GPWS artist Kim Larson with her OIL AND WATER DO MIX presentation on Tuesday, May 4th at 7PM. If you cannot make our usual afternoon sessions this is a perfect opportunity to see what the fun is all about. Paint with us via Zoom or in-person at First Presbyterian Church at 2300 S West Ave. in Sioux Falls.”
OIL AND WATER DO MIX!
- A basic set of oil pastels. Make sure your set includes a white. I will be using a set of 24 by Faber-Castell, but a smaller set of 10 or 12 will work fine.
- Watercolor paper. We will be doing some scratching and scraping, so if you have a heavier option, that would be good.
- Watercolor paints.
- Watercolor brushes. I’ve not seen any evidence that oil pastels damage brushes in any way, but if you’re worried, don’t use your very, very best.
- A pencil for sketching.
- Sketch paper.
- A scraping tool, like an old credit card or palette knife.
- Water container.
- Paper towels.
- Blow dryer/drying tool (optional but helpful).
- Masking tape (optional).